Practical Word Skills for Secondary Students
This workbook has been specifically designed to help students improve their vocabulary skills. The many challenging and varied exercises will help them to:
- develop their knowledge of word meanings
- extend the range of words they use
- consolidate their knowledge of correct usage
- increase their application of the enormous variety of words available to them.
The exercises cover areas such as:
- shades of meaning
- word association
- synonyms and antonyms
- correct usage
- confusing words
- choosing appropriate words
- words used in special contexts
Practical Word Skills can be used in the classroom for specific teaching or extension exercises, or at home for additional work and revision. Answers are provided.
Peter Howard has had a lifetime of teaching experience, and is the author of many books aimed at developing and improving basic skills.
|Year Level||Year 6, Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10|
|Date of Publication||1996|