Tricking the Tiger: Plays Based on Asian Folk Tales
Tricking the Tiger is a collection of 8 plays based on Asian folk tales for Years 6, 7 and 8. The plays include :
- performance plays
- readers’ theatre
- radio plays
The length and number of characters make all the plays suitable for use in the classroom.
These plays introduce students to a variety of cultures from the Asian region and at the same time provide a practical drama resource which can be used as a part of an English unit of lessons, or used for special performance and production.
Tricking the Tiger is supported by Tricking the Tiger Teacher's Resource Book, containing background information ideas and activities for making maximum use of the plays in the classroom.
Tricking the Tiger Contents:
- The Witches’ Fire - performance (Papua New Guinea)
- The Clever Thief- readers’ theatre (Korea)
- Tricking the Tiger - radio script (Pakistan)
- Son and Ghost - performance (India)
- Fair Shares - radio script (Bangladesh)
- Winning the Princess - performance (Vietnam)
- The Picture Wife - readers’ theatre (Japan)
- Why Dogs and Cats are Enemies - radio script (Indonesia)
|Year Level||Year 6, Year 7, Year 8|